that I cooked all by myself!!! I made a turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls, an apple pie, a cherry pie, and some chocolate chip cookies. The turkey came out juicy ~ not dry! Yay! And Brandon had the fatherly honor of carving the bird. Everything else was cooked to perfection as well! Duh I'm Betty Crocker! Of course it was yummy! haha It was just me, Brandon, and the kids this year. Wyatt ate some of everything while Hailey refused to eat anything....so she went to bed hungry. I see no point in her getting a hot dog after I spent all day cooking. So she could eat what I made or not eat at all...she chose the latter. Now that the food is put away and dishes are done I can relax...
Thursday, November 27, 2008
My first Thanksgiving dinner....
that I cooked all by myself!!! I made a turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls, an apple pie, a cherry pie, and some chocolate chip cookies. The turkey came out juicy ~ not dry! Yay! And Brandon had the fatherly honor of carving the bird. Everything else was cooked to perfection as well! Duh I'm Betty Crocker! Of course it was yummy! haha It was just me, Brandon, and the kids this year. Wyatt ate some of everything while Hailey refused to eat anything....so she went to bed hungry. I see no point in her getting a hot dog after I spent all day cooking. So she could eat what I made or not eat at all...she chose the latter. Now that the food is put away and dishes are done I can relax...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment